Christmas is a perfect time to try all those recipes you’ve been longing to. If your family enjoys fudge, try this killer dessert. Everyone will be blown away by its flavor and appearance. The fudge looks very festive and is a perfect Christmas dessert. If you are giving food gifts, make it with other candies and cookies. Put several in all your Christmas packages to wow your family and friends. Candy cane fudge is a welcome change from the regular chocolate with nuts fudge everyone else makes. Use this recipe from All Recipes to make it.
- ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14-ounce can)
- 2 packets of vanilla baking chips (10-ounce packets)
- 1 dash of red food coloring (you can also use green coloring)
- 1½ cups of crushed candy canes
- Line a square or rectangular baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease the foil and set the pan aside.
- Mix the condensed milk and vanilla chips in a saucepan. Heat the saucepan over medium heat and stir frequently until the ingredients are close to melting.
- Remove the saucepan and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth.
- When the vanilla chips have completely melted, add the peppermint extract, candy canes, and food coloring.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan. Refrigerate for around 2 hours or until it is firm.
- Place on a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares
Text and image via http://stagetecture.com/